Do you lack confidence in yourself or your abilities? Do you feel like this holds you back from achieving the success you desire? You may be struggling with self-doubt. This nemesis of success lies in waiting to remind you that you aren’t good enough, even after reaching your goal. It wants you to quit and keep the status quo, but you don’t have to give in to your self-doubt. You can overcome it to reach anything you set your mind to.
6 Key Steps to Thwart Self-Doubt
Many suffer from Imposter Syndrome when seeking success. It can stop them in their tracks. Are you ready to kick self-doubt to the curb once and for all? Great! Here’s how you can do it: 📉
1. Decide not to make excuses. When you start to doubt things, it is easy to give in to the emotions and rationalize why something is not working out as you planned. Look at what is happening and what you can do to change things-no more excuses. Just move forward.
2. Give yourself the gift of self-compassion. You are your own worst critic. Instead of chastising yourself over a mistake and then letting it hold you back, change how you talk to yourself. Use affirmations to encourage yourself and overcome negative self-talk.
3. Review your previous accomplishments. Sometimes, you forget all the great things you have previously done. Remember winning the talent show? What about that promotion you worked hard to achieve? Your past accomplishments remind you of what you are capable of doing. Embrace them. Learn from them.
4. Stop playing the ‘Comparison Game.’ The easiest way to increase your self-doubt is to compare yourself to others. Everyone is on their own journey, and no two look the same. You can learn from others that may apply to your goals, but it should stop there if you want to overcome self-doubt.
5. Make a decision and jump in. Often we let doubt stop us from making a decision. If you fall into this trap, understand that not making a decision is still making a decision, even if it is living a stagnant life. Go ahead and make the decision and course-correct as needed. At least you will be making progress on your goals that lead to your success.
6. Surround yourself will supportive people. It helps to have a core group of people that help you feel good and are willing to cheer you on. The encouragement bolsters your self-confidence, which pushes self-doubt out of the way.
Kick self-doubt out of your life for good. A more confident you makes a more successful you.